Hi guys 👋🏼
So, last months Book Club book was ‘It ends with us’ by Colleen Hoover.
Now I know she is a bit of a marmite author and to be honest I was dubious when it was chosen as our latest book club book, however I was pleasantly suprised.
I had seen this particular book all over TikTok but I had resisted reading it, I’m glad I did.
This books genre is a romance.
It ends with us by Colleen Hoover.
Here is a brief overview of the plot:
‘Lily hasn’t always had it easy, but that’s never stopped her from working hard for the life she wants. She’s come a long way from the small town where she grew up—she graduated from college, moved to Boston, and started her own business. And when she feels a spark with a gorgeous neurosurgeon named Ryle Kincaid, everything in Lily’s life seems too good to be true.
Ryle is assertive, stubborn, maybe even a little arrogant. He’s also sensitive, brilliant, and has a total soft spot for Lily. And the way he looks in scrubs certainly doesn’t hurt. Lily can’t get him out of her head. But Ryle’s complete aversion to relationships is disturbing. Even as Lily finds herself becoming the exception to his “no dating” rule, she can’t help but wonder what made him that way in the first place.
As questions about her new relationship overwhelm her, so do thoughts of Atlas Corrigan—her first love and a link to the past she left behind. He was her kindred spirit, her protector. When Atlas suddenly reappears, everything Lily has built with Ryle is threatened.’
Some opinions on the book:
- Such an easy read!! I couldn’t stop once I started and was so invested in where it was going.
- I instantly wanted to read the sequel to see how the story ended.
- Surprising turn of events in the story, that I didn’t see coming.
- There were some sweet characters. I also really liked the unusual names.
- Short chapters!!
- It addresses and gives voice to important issues.
- Some of the relationships, the friendships particularly were born very unrealisitisly quickly and were a bit obviously plot driven in some ways.
- I’m sure an independent business isn’t as easy to set up and make a success as it is suggested in this book.
Out of 5 stars I would give this book ☆☆☆☆
I really enjoyed this story, I couldn’t put it down and it reinvigorated my reading mojo! I’ve read so many books since I finished it which is awesome as I had been in a bit of a slump.
Have you read this book?
What did you think?
Until Next Time,