So, one good thing to come from being ‘locked down’ is that I can finally tick something off my bucket list, something I’ve wanted to do forever… a full Harry Potter marathon. All 8 films, back to back.
Lets do this.
26th April 2020 – 5.15am – 11.45pm
I popped my HP themed, comfy clothes on, made my self a HP themed breakfast 🤣 (Yet, I went all in!) And I made sure I had plenty of snacks for the duration, inc homemade flapjack 👌🏻
I made notes about my favourite parts of each film, as I watched, which I thought I would share here too.
Harry Potter and the Philosphers Stone
- Its just so sweet and (mostly) innocent and magical.
- Its our introduction to the magical world.
- That shot of Hogwarts over the lake, as the first years sail across in the little boats. The music, the panorama, the first shot of that magical place. Don’t tell me it doesn’t choke you up, because I wont believe you.
- Hagrid telling them everything he shouldn’t; ‘should not have said that’
- Christmas at Hogwarts ❤
- and just the general nostalgia it brings of when me and my twin sister used to play Harry Potter. A lot of it was focused on the first book. We made Daily Prophets and everything y’all! It was very serious.
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- The Weasleys! And being introduced the magical yet so human and normal Burrow.
- Ron freaking out because of the spiders; ‘Follow the spiders? Why couldn’t it be follow the butterflies?’
- The blind Basilisk- poor boy. (Disclaimer, no I’m not a Slytherin I just feel bad for the corrupted, injured creature)
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
(Disclaimer: This is my least favourite film, sorry)
- Remus Lupin & Sirius Black
- The back story of the Marauders (Which is even better in the book… obv)
- Beaky, the little sweatheart.
- The time travel aspect is cool and clever.
- HERMIONE PUNCHES MALFOY (See, told you I’m not a Slytherin)
- But, as I said, not my favourite as the directorial change sees a lot of changes to this film that to me makes it stand out and not flow as well within the series, in terms of appearance and layout continuity, as others.
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
(One of my absolute favourites and the first one me and my twin sister went to see on our won 7 + times #sorrynotsorry)
- THE HAIR. If Harry Potter and the goblet of Fire was a Friends episode it would be; ‘The One where none had a haircut’.
- The Tasks!
- OH THE ANGST.
- That scene… any avid HP fans will totally get the crazy, hilarity of this…
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
The award for the worst character goes to…
‘Hate is a strong word, but I really, really, really don’t like you.’ (I also hate you Umbridge)
- Getting a little bit more of the Wizarding World history and back story via the Order of the Phoenix.
- Seeing inside the Ministry of Magic for the first time. What at set! #tilegoals
- Dumbledore’s (badass) Army
- Fred and Georges epic, ‘in your face bitch’ style exit from Hogwarts.
- My favourite quote courtesy of Kingsley Shacklebolt… ‘You may not like him, Minister, but you can’t deny, Dumbledore’s got style.’
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
- Finding out about the horcruxes. These are one of my favourite bits if the book. I love the Gaunt family history toooo (Suddenly Chapter One of the Goblet of Fire makes perfect sense, AM I RIGHT!!)
- Harry on Liquid luck is one of the best Harry Potter scenes, period.
- Aragog’s funeral, classic; ‘ Here lies Aragog, King of the Arachnids… His body will decaayyyyyyyy but his spirit will live onnnnnnn.’
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt1 & Pt2
They are basically just one REALLY long film because they are the same book.
- Part 2 is better than Part 1 (Just sayin’)
- Shit gets REALLLL DARK.
- My favourite parts of part one are them collecting the horcruxes.
- My favourite part of part two is most of it.
- I love Christmas at Godrics Hollow.
- The Battle of Hogwarts… ‘I’ve always wanted to do that spell’ (Badass Maggie G)
- ‘NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH.’
- And then there’s… FRED. HEDWIG. DOBBY. and so many others 😦
- 19 years later. I can still remember seeing this film so clearly in the cinema and when this came on I wanted to cry because the final line of the book….’All was well’ is awesome, they did it! But also, its the end.
- I just have to mention… The Harry & Hermione dancing in the tent scene… MEGA CRINGE, CAN’T WATCH. COVERS EYES. FAST FORWARDS. Ok, lets move on.
[FYI: Fave books 1 &7 Fave Films 1, 7 and 4]
Yay! I finally got it done. I’m so chuffed I finally managed to do this. You’ve got to make the most of the situation you are in. Nailed it.
Do you agree with my notes? (Be nice) Or have you got anything to add?
What are your favourite moments from the film?
Until Next Time,