It’s so important to help others whenever you can, how ever you can but, there is something about Christmas time that makes it even more paramount.
As we start to plan our festivities and enjoy the odd mince pie and choc orange here and there, it’s a good time to think about those who are worse off than we are, (because there is always someone!)
It doesn’t have to cost alot, you could even give your time, to a cause in your local area.
I had a look to see what I could to do in my local area, a few weeks ago, and came across a shoebox appeal for the homeless.
You fill a box with essentials and these are handed out (safely) to those who are most in need, those who are vulnerable.
The boxes are being dropped off contactlessly and quarantined before being handed out, so it’s all safe for everyone involved.
After such a crazy year it’s nice to feel like you can help in any way possible, a little gift like this would mean the world to someone who has very little, at what should be such a special, magical time of year.
I decided to do two boxes, they are almost identical but one has a couple of female related toiletry products in it.
Here’s a little peek into the boxes:
Thing’s I included in the boxes:
- Toiletries, Inc: Sanitary products, Shower gel, toothpaste and a toothbrush and X2 roll on deodorants.
- Other cleansing items: A pack of biodegradable wet wipes, as well as some Hand sanitizer.
- I also included a little pot of vaseline and a hand & nail cream as these are great when its particularly cold outside.
- I added some treats, a chocolate orange, because its Christmas after all! As well as some large bars of chocolate.
- I also included some dry snacks such as Cheddars and Ritz Crackers.
- And again, because of the time of year, I chose to include a pack of cosy socks and some gloves too.
I will be dropping these off in the next few days so fingers crossed they will make someones Christmas a little better and make them smile.
Until Next Time