I hope you enjoyed Halloween on Thursday 🎃
What did you do?
If, like us, you are celebrating Halloween this weekend then this little recipe will be right up your street.
These bat cupcakes are super cute, chocolatey and my ultimate favourite flavour combo, chocolate orange.
They are perfect for the spooky season, a Halloween party, to make with the kids or to just to help you indulge with a cuppa this weekend.
What you’ll need…
- A chocolate cupcake packet mix (12 cupcakes)
- 1 egg
- 1.5 tbsp oil
- Chocolate buttercream icing
- Orange extract
- Jaffa cakes
- Jaffa cake nibbles
- White choc drops (for eyes)
- Icing tubes (to draw on the fangs)
What you’ll need to do…
- Make the packet mix as instructed
- This usually entails adding your egg, oil and water to the packet mix and stirring.
- Separate into your cupcake cases evenly.
- Cook in the oven (See individual packets for times/temps.
- Whilst the cupcakes are cooking, mix some orange extract into your chocolate buttercream.
- Leave your cakes to cool before decorating.
- 12 Jaffa cakes
- A pack of Jaffa nibbles
- Chocolate orange Buttercream
- White choc drops
- Top each cupcake with a generous helping of chocolate orange buttercream.
- Cut each Jaffa cake in two, to create wing shapes.
- Pop the wings either side in the icing.
- Pop two nibbles in between the wings for the eyes.
- To add detail to the eyes, use a little leftover buttercream to stick a white chocolate drop onto the nibbles.
Eat & enjoy!
I hope you like this little recipe idea, they taste heavenly or should I say devilishly good 👹
🎃🎃 Happy Halloween 🎃🎃